WhatsApp, no doubt, is the most popular instant messaging service across the internet, easily surpassing most apps by quite a margin in terms of features, scalability, user-friendliness, user satisfaction, and many other crucial parameters.
WhatsApp allows users to send texts, videos, photos, and audio messages in real-time, but it doesn’t stop here. Using the app, users can also share emojis, GIFs, documents, stickers, and even their current location. With so much so in an app, we’re sure you must be looking for ways to download WhatsApp for PC.
This is a step-to-guide that explains WhatsApp Download for PC Windows and Mac.
WhatsApp for PC – Key Information
|Name||WhatsApp Download for PC|
|File Size||41 MB|
|Compatibility||Windows – All Versions|
System Requirements to Download WhatsApp for PC
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista and above.
- Processor: Intel Premium 2.1 GHz/ AMD Athlon 64 3500 or above.
- Hard Drive: 2GB Free
- RAM: 1GB
- Video Memory: 128MB
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
- Video Card: GeForce 7600 / ATI Radeon X800
WhatsApp Download for PC – Free Method Using BlueStacks
Unfortunately, WhatsApp has no full-fledged version for PC, which begs the question – how to install WhatsApp for Windows or Mac?
An Android Emulator is apparently the best way to get the app on a PC. By replicating the Android-like interface on to another device – say Windows or Mac – an emulator makes it possible to download apps that can’t be downloaded on the latter from Google App Store.
We are using BlueStacks, one of the most trusted, feature-rich, and user-friendly emulators available, for this guide.
Step 1: Download BlueStacks Emulator
- Visit the official website of BlueStacks Emulator, tap on the ‘Download’ button, and install the setup file.
- Tap on the setup file, provide the required permissions, and select ‘Finish.’
- The BlueStacks emulator is successfully installed.
Step 2: Configure BlueStacks Emulator
- Type your credentials (username and password), and log in.
- You can choose to use your existing Google Account or create a new account by choosing a different username or password.
- Next, choose your custom location and your preferred language.
Step 3: Download the WhatsApp App
- Go to Google Play Store on reaching the landing page of the emulator.
- Re-enter your Google account credentials or create a new google account.
- Type ‘WhatsApp’ in the search bar and hit enter.
- Tap on ‘Install.’
- Once the installation ends, go to the app drawer of the emulator.
- Sign in and start using!
WhatsApp Download for Mac – Free Guide Using BlueStacks (AGAIN)
Step 1: Download and Install BlueStacks
- Visit the official website of BlueStacks Emulator and tap on the ‘download’ button to install the setup file.
- To enable third-party installations, go to ‘Open Security’ and then click ‘Allow.’
- Restart the device and follow the steps below.
- Click on the file and open it to begin.
- Tap on ‘Open,’ and select ‘Install Now.’
- In the new window, enter your credentials and begin the installation.
- With that, your BlueStacks will be ready to use.
Step 2: Configure BlueStacks
- Open BlueStacks, and go to the Settings.
- Visit the Accounts section and add any Google Account.
- Now, open the Google Play store.
Step 3: Download WhatsApp on PC
- Go to the search bar and search for ‘WhatsApp.’
- Click the app icon to install the app.
- Once the installation ends, go to the app drawer.
- Tap on the WhatsApp icon, sign in, and enter the mobile number. You’re done!
Key Features of WhatsApp Messenger
WhatsApp is a powerhouse of a messaging app. Why? Check out the listed features below to know.
- Easy-to-Use: WhatsApp is one of the most user-friendly messaging apps in the market. It allows users to sign-up in a jiffy and interact with anyone by saving their contact numbers.
- Connects to Anyone – Anywhere: With WhatsApp, you can connect with anyone, anywhere. All you need is their contact number.
- Video Calling: Messaging is not the only feature it offers. Users can also hang out with friends and family with WhatsApp’s high-quality, low-data consuming video calling feature.
- Low-Data Costs: WhatsApp consumes very little data than other apps of its ilk, which makes it usable even in low network areas.
- Share Stories: Through its stories function, you can share moments with friends and even use it for advertising or sharing awareness.
- Disappearing Messages: It also offers users a unique disappearing message feature that automatically deletes messages according to the time set by the user.
- QR Codes: You can connect with people and save their contacts by scanning QR codes.
- Customer Alerts: Businesses can provide useful alerts to consumers through WhatsApp’s unique business enterprise solution.
- Automation: With WhatsApp, you can automate inquiries, send pre-written replies, and whatnot.
Best WhatsApp for PC Alternatives
- Telegram: Telegram provides users with a unique interface and has almost identical features to WhatsApp. Telegram caters to a much more media-friendly environment. It allows you to share huge files, make groups with thousands of members, and share high-quality images using it.
- Signal: Developed by the same man who made WhatsApp, the signal’s popularity has reached new heights in 2021. The app offers users many advanced privacy and security settings. It also has all the standard functions found in WhatsApp.
- Discord: Discord was initially meant for all, but it soon became the go-to place for communities, especially those related to the gaming industry. It offers users to create community pages which they can use to chill or share content across borders. In addition to it, Discord provides a one-of-a-kind platform for creators to connect with their community.
WhatsApp Download for PC – The Bottom Line
This is all you need to Download WhatsApp for PC.
We hope this simple, step-by-step guide is useful to you. If you’re stuck anywhere in the middle or have any doubts, do let us know, and we will try our best to assist you.
Any suggestions? Feel free to write them down in the comment section below.