Google Duo is known across quarters for delivering the highest-quality video calling experience. It’s free, easy-to-use, and works on Android phones, tablets, and smart displays, like the Google Nest Hub Max.
This guide explains how users can download Google Duo for PC Windows and Mac – free and quick. Stay with us!
Google Duo: An Introduction
Built by Google, Duo allows users to connect on one-to-one calls. You can see who’s already available on the app and send an invite. Group calls? Fret not, Google Duo lets users to create a group chat with 32 participants. Quality is top-notch, and security is unmatched, thanks to Google Duo’s end-to-end encryption.
What’s more? The video calling app allows users to send notes, voice, and video messages and lets them use AR effects to make video calling a tad more fun. That’s not all! With Google Duo, users can take a photo to capture a moment and share it in real-time – all while on the call.
Google Duo, unfortunately, has no PC version. This begs a question – how can you download Google Duo for PC Windows and Mac? This guide attempts to answer it.
|Name||Google Duo for PC|
|File Size||62.5 MB|
|Compatibility||Windows/Mac – All Versions|
System Requirements to Download Google Duo for PC
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista and above
- Processor: Intel Premium 2.8 GHz/ AMD Athlon 64 3500 and above
- Hard Drive: 4GB Free
- RAM: 2GB
- Video Memory: 512Mb
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
- Video Card: GeForce 7600 / ATI Radeon X800
Google Duo for PC Windows and Mac – Free Download Guide
For installing Google Duo for Windows devices, you need an Android Emulator. It’s software that replicates the Android-like environment on any device, including that of Windows.
We’ll use Google Duo on PC Windows 10 using BlueStacks Emulator. Why? Because it’s one of the most trusted, user-friendly, and seamless emulators to try out.
Following are the steps you must adopt to download Google Duo for PC:
Step 1: Download and Install BlueStacks
- Visit the BlueStacks Emulator’s official website, and click ‘Download BlueStacks’ to save the installer.
- Now, tap on the setup and install BlueStacks on your device.
- Select ‘Finish’ once the installation is complete
- With that, the emulator is installed on your computer.
Step 2: Setup BlueStacks
- Now, open the emulator and ‘login.’
- Sign in by either using your credentials, or a new account can also be created from the same window using your email id.
- Choose the location you want to portray along with the preferred language.
Step 3: Download the Google Duo App
- Head to the home page, search for Google Play Store and open it.
- Sign in to your google account, and use your credentials for the same.
- On accessing the Play Store, go to the search panel and type ‘Google Duo’ in the search bar. From results, check the first result and click the ‘install’ button.
- Wait for a few minutes. Once the installation is complete, open the app from the homepage.
- Click the icon of Google Duo and start enjoying seamless video calls.
Key Features of the Google Duo App
- Multi-Platform: Google Duo works exceptionally well on both platforms and lets you connect across platforms.
- Group Calling: Another great thing about this app is that you can connect with up to 32 people at once, that too, at very high-quality video output.
- Use AR Effects: Google Duo has more than a million users worldwide, which is why you get free tweaks to make your video calls even more entertaining.
- Capture Videos: Google Duo is embedded with a feature that you can use to capture your favorite moments from a video call. You can even use it to take a digital group photo.
- Share Images: If you want to convey a video to your beloved, you can use Google Duo’s online sharing option to make a video filled with love and directly send it to the receiver.
- Low Light Mode: Google Duo has a low light mode which enhances the video streaming capacity in common light conditions.
Best Google Duo Alternatives
Element is yet another robust social messaging app that lets you make video calls on the go. It is best for friends and organizations who want to enjoy the benefits of extreme privacy. Element is the best for mining data and even runs ads. It runs on an open matrix protocol which is even secured with encryption.
Skype is one of the most used video-calling apps, which is also among the first few that bought the video calling revolution on computers. It also equips users with an option to communicate and share documents. It is one of the most prominent video-calling apps in the professional field, where most of the virtual mock interviews and client discussions are held on skype.
One of the most assuring names in the video calling segment, Zoom, is creating a stir in the industry ruled by the likes of Google and Microsoft. It is one of the fastest-growing video-calling networks with millions of users across the globe. It lets you make video calls share documents, conduct 1-on-1 sessions. You can even use it for voice calling and group meeting requirements.
Google Duo for PC Windows and Mac – Final Words
That’s all for this guide on how to download Google Duo for your PC.
Let us know if you still have any doubts or are getting stuck somewhere while downloading the app. We will be happy to assist you.
Have any suggestions? Write to us in the comment section below, and we shall look into them.